Data Science Engineer - Python/ Hadoop (f/m)
IT Technology & DevOps, Professionals, Munich
emnos is a pioneer in analyzing customer data and interpreting what it reveals about shopper behavior. Some of the world’s top retailers and suppliers choose emnos for its unmatched ability and expertise in mining and decoding billions of retail transactions and interactions. The insights revealed by this data impacts the daily decisions taken on marketing, merchandising, pricing and promotions - and can be used to deliver tangible business growth.
Operating in five offices throughout Europe and in the USA, emnos is part of Loyalty Partner, a subsidiary of American Express.
Our product development team is looking for a self-starter who learns fast and is open to the challenges of collaborative product development. You will join a highly motivated and fun team using lean and agile methodologies. With our hands-on mentality, we love to learn and experiment continuously and put quality in the center of development.
By joining emnos as the Data Scientist on the team your work will be key in building products true to our vision to enable “simpler, better, faster decision making in retail”.
- Work with our team of statistical analysts, understanding their methodologies and algorithms, and turning them into production ready code written in Python
- Bring in your experience and innovative thinking to enhance our products with data science technology
- Take responsibility for the optimization and further development of the existing data science code base in close alignment with the product development plans and the analytical requirements
- Share your experience and knowledge in Python to train and mentor others in emnos who are learning the skill
- Excellent knowledge of Python and its related data science libraries (scikit, pandas, dask, etc.)
- Experience working with PySpark and its ecosystem (Spark, Parquet files, Hadoop and HDFS)
- Experience running code across Hadoop/Spark Clusters and optimizing code for performance
- Exposure to defining and building REST API's ideally with Swagger/OpenAPI
- Good statistical knowledge
- Excellent communication and decision making skills and someone that loves working in a team
NOT A MUST, BUT A PLUS
- Experience transforming Python code into Cython
- Experience writing multi-threaded code in Python
- SQL/NoSQL database knowledge
Please send your complete and informative application documents including your salary expectations to email@example.com.