Senior Data Manager (RDBMS/Hadoop) (m/f/d)
IT Technology & DevOps, Professionals, Munich
emnos is a pioneer in analyzing customer data and interpreting what it reveals about shopper behavior. Some of the world’s top retailers and suppliers choose emnos for its unmatched ability and expertise in mining and decoding billions of retail transactions and interactions. The insights revealed by this data impacts the daily decisions taken on marketing, merchandising, pricing and promotions - and can be used to deliver tangible business growth.
OUR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Our product development team is looking for a self-starter who learns fast and is open to the challenges of collaborative product development. You will join a high profile and fun team using lean and agile methodologies. With our hands-on mentality, we love to learn and experiment continuously and put quality in the center of development.
By joining emnos as the Database Manager on the team your work will be key in delivering products true to our vision to enable “simpler, better, faster decision making in retail”.
- manage and monitor the data flow and data integration processes from our clients into the analytical environment and into our software products
- pick up development topics in the area data ingestion, aggregation, and provisioning
- measure and improve the performance of all data processes
- promote best practices in data lifecycle management
- understand and ensure quality in automated data processing
- several years of experience with relational database technologies (Oracles, PostgreSQL)
- hands-on expertise with Hadoop environments for data processing and analytics
- knowledge about data integration, data modelling, and data analysis challenges on big data sets
- in-depth knowledge in developing production ready, scalable data architecture and routines
- significant experience with the Linux/Unix environment and with scripting languages
- sound foundation in software development best practices like version/source control, deployment automation, monitoring and logging
- excellent communication and decision making skills and someone that loves working on a team
NOT A MUST, BUT A PLUS
- ability to manage the onboarding of new clients on the platform (ETL development)
- cloud computing experience (e.g. MS Azure)
- experience with SAS
- experience in data security and data protection would be an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
In an environment which inspires, supports and rewards, emnos focuses on personal development and individual objectives – adhering to the principle ‘everyone has an effect on the company’s success’, our employees benefit from...
- A start-up culture focused on people instead of processes
- High level of personal responsibility and impact
- A highly motivated, international and dynamic team
- Personal growth opportunities and individual coaching
- Attractive, performance-based compensation
- Awesome workplace in the heart of Munich
- Exceptional amenities incl. cafeteria, an in-house 24/7 gym, and fresh fruit
Please send your complete and informative application documents including your salary expectations to email@example.com.